Andrew M. Kelly
Simmons College: Graduate School of Library & Information Science, Masters of Science, 2011
Subject Analysis & Indexing, Metadata, Information Retrieval, Digital Repositories & Preservation, Database Management, Web Design & Information Architecture, Reference, Management, Information Technology.
Boston University: College of Arts and Sciences, Graduated May 2008.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, History and English.
- Simmons GSLIS Continuing Education: Bookmaking for the Beginner I & II.
- North East Document Conservation Center: Basic Book Repair
Bay State College Library
Evening Library Assistant
September 2009 - Present
- Provides reference & research services to students across programs & subject areas.
- Provides one to one tutoring to students and served as primary contact for Evening faculty.
- Teach Information Literacy instruction sessions for Evening Division English courses.
- Works to integrate new technology, such as deployment of text message reference services.
- Supervise work-study students in circulation, shelving, and other tasks.
- Troubleshoot software, printers, computers, & copier, primary liaison with IT Department.
- Researched & established improved copy-cataloging & processing procedures.
- Works closely with supervisor to transition to new OPAC system and barcode collections.
Boston Book Company
August 2010 - Present
- Manage and organize book images for upload to online listing websites.
- Write detailed catalog descriptions and collations of incoming materials to house standards.
- Executed design work for flyers, posters & other promotional materials.
- Develop electronic catalogs of newly acquired materials & prepare for publication.
- General office duties, order processing, telephone and email customer service.
- Installed & administer Joomla CMS on LAMP environment. (Fedora 13 Server)
- Implemented improved mailing list capability for catalog distribution.
Appalachian Mountain Club Library & Archives
April 2012 - Present
- General archives & library tasks
- Currently working to organize, refile & digitize photographic slide collections.
- Researching, documenting and establishing digitization & metadata procedures.
Boston University African Presidential Archive and Research Center
September 2009 - September 2010
- Developed procedures & documentation for in-house digitization of collections.
- Lead development and authoring of an NHPRC Basic Projects grant.
- Advocated for greater internal awareness of importance of archival methods & materials.
America Library Association:
NMRT, ACRL, ALCTS
Beta Phi Mu
International Library & Information Studies Honor Society
Science Fiction Research Association