Andrew M. Kelly Librarian & Cataloger
Simmons College: Graduate School of Library & Information Science
Masters of Science, 2011
Subject Analysis & Indexing, Metadata, Information Retrieval, Digital Repositories & Preservation, Database Management, Web Design & Information Architecture, Reference, Management, Information Technology.
Boston University: College of Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
History and English.
- ASIS&T Webinar: “How to Pick the Low Hanging Fruits of Linked Data,” May 2014.
- Online training course: “Cataloging with RDA,” January 2014.
- Simmons GSLIS Continuing Education: Bookmaking for the Beginner I & II.
- North East Document Conservation Center: Basic Book Repair.
Paul Smith’s College
Technical Services/Cataloger Librarian
August 2012 - Present
- Preforms original & copy-cataloging of library materials conforming to professional standards including RDA, LCSH, & Dewey Decimal Classification.
- Strong knowledge of cataloging software tools such as OCLC Connexion Client, Marcedit & Sirsi ILS reporting tools.
- Working to develop strong awareness of new & emerging standards & practices in libraries such as Linked Data, BIBFRAME & OCLC Web Services.
- Set metadata policy & crosswalk procedures for NNYLN Digitization grant to ensure high quality descriptive metadata for historical photographs to be submitted to NYHeritage site.
- Administers print serial holdings in Sirsi ILS, True Serials & print subscriptions with Ebsco.
- General record maintenance in Sirsi ILS.
- Manages library professional staff and helps shape policy in areas of copy-cataloging, ILL, & Serials.
- Delivers occasional library instruction to First-year students & English 101 classes on the library’s resources & research methods.
- Works closely with colleagues to continually deliver best possibly library services including reference, technology, & circulation.
Bay State College Library
Evening Library Assistant
September 2009 - August 2012
- Provides reference & research services to students across programs & subject areas.
- Provides one to one tutoring to students and served as primary contact for Evening faculty.
- Teach Information Literacy instruction sessions for Evening Division English courses.
- Supervise work-study students in circulation, shelving, and other tasks.
- Troubleshoot software, printers, computers, & copier, primary liaison with IT Department.
- Researched & established improved copy-cataloging & processing procedures.
- Works closely with supervisor to transition to new OPAC system and barcode collections.
Boston Book Company
August 2010 - August 2012
- Manage and organize book images for upload to online listing websites.
- Write detailed catalog descriptions and collations of incoming materials to house standards.
- Executed design work for flyers, posters & other promotional materials.
- Develop electronic catalogs of newly acquired materials & prepare for publication.
- General office duties, order processing, telephone and email customer service.
- Installed & administer Joomla CMS on LAMP environment. (Fedora 13 Server)
- Implemented improved mailing list capability for catalog distribution.
Appalachian Mountain Club Library & Archives
April 2012 - August 2012
- General archives & library tasks
- Worked to organize, refile & digitize photographic slide collections.
- Researching, documenting and establishing digitization & metadata procedures.
Boston University African Presidential Archive and Research Center
September 2009 - September 2010
- Developed procedures & documentation for in-house digitization of collections.
- Lead development and authorship of an NHPRC Basic Projects grant.
- Advocated for greater internal awareness of importance of archival methods & materials.
American Library Association: Member of ALCTS Roundtable.
Beta Phi Mu: International Library & Information Studies Honor Society
Last updated: 2014-06-01