In researching this post from a few years ago that served as a brief overview of the Redstone Family of launch vehicles, I came across a number of other resources that I filed away since they didn’t have a particular bearing on that specific early launch vehicle but which might serve as fodder for other posts under the same heading. Since I’ve also been interested in the combination of rockets and nuclear weapons I’m including a number of high-level resources on nuclear weapons as well.
First drafted: January 7th, 2018.
Last updated: January 14th, 2018.
U.S. Launch Vehicles & Space Programs:
- Launius, Roger D. To Reach the High Frontier: A History of U.S. Launch Vehicles. The University Press of Kentucky, 2015. Internet resource.
Rocketry & Spaceflight, Generally:
- Redfield, Peter. Space in the Tropics: From Convicts to Rockets in French Guiana. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2000.
Soviet & Russian Launch Vehicles & Space Programs:
Cold War & General Nuclear history
- Bird, Kai, and Martin J. Sherwin. American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer.London: Atlantic, 2009. Print.
- Jacobsen, Annie. Operation Paperclip: The Secret Intelligence Program That Brought Nazi Scientists to America.New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2015. Print.
- Jacobsen, Annie. The Pentagon’s Brain: An Uncensored History of Darpa, America’s Top Secret Military Research Agency. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2016. Print.
- Rhodes, Richard The Making of the Atomic Bomb
- Rhodes, Richard Dark Sun: The Making of the Hydrogen Bomb